- Key data findings about domestic violence homicides and suicides in Washington for 1997-2008
- Findings and recommendations based on 11 fatality cases reviewed in depth by local review teams
- Analysis of higher rates of domestic violence homicide affecting victims of color
- Exploration of critical gaps in services for Protection Order petitioners
- Recommendations for change specific to law enforcement, judges, employers, health care and mental health providers, chemical dependency, and domestic violence advocates
- Tips for how to use the report to make change in your community
Also, listen to KUOW-FM's interview with Kelly Starr, one of this report's authors, on The Conversation here: http://www.kuow.org/podcast/Conversation20090112.mp3. In this interview, Ms. Starr expressed concern that while the overall rate of violent crime has been decreasing, the rate of DV murder has remained steady.
You can find the WSCADV report on http://www.wscadv.org/docs/08_FR_report.pdf. Download (it's free) and read it today.